Expert Training to Enhance Openness, Empathy, and Contentment
Deepen your mindfulness practice, cultivate compassion, and learn to live in greater alignment with your true values with this new online course brought to you by Mindful and Naropa University.
This unique offering brings together insights from the new field of compassion science and neuroplasticity with the ancient wisdom of traditional mindfulness practices. It offers self-paced, expert-led sessions, a course workbook, and lifetime access so you can return again and again; it concludes with a certificate of completion from Naropa University.
Train both your body and brain to become more open and authentic, and to feel more alive and awake through this 7-part intensive study of practices, exercises, and contemplations.
Expertly led by preeminent mindfulness teachers Judith Simmer-Brown, Charlotte Rotterdam, and Jordan Quaglia, this course emphasizes not just learning but training—offering a structured schedule of skills and practice sessions to foster deep contemplation that you can customize to fit into your daily life.
With a focus on the five stages of loving-kindness practice, this course will help you to develop your natural instinct for compassion and become your most alive, authentic, loving self.
Welcome: A Compassion Training will help you to:
- Connect with your body and embodiment as the basis of compassion practice
- Train your brain to increase your compassion and loving-kindness capacity
- Gain a deep sense of interdependence and shared community
- Cultivate healing and heartfelt compassion for yourself and others
- Develop positive habits and improve behavior patterns
- Experience more joy, empathy, love, and gratitude
This self-paced, online course includes:
- Multi-part lessons on key concepts and practices with three expert teachers
- Expert-led sessions focused on the science of compassion
- Downloadable audio for guided practice
- A course workbook to help lead you through the practices and exercises
- A certificate of completion from Naropa University
- Lifetime access, so that you can come back again and again
- A recorded Q&A session with the instructors
Judith Simmer-Brown, PhD, is a distinguished professor of Contemplative and Religious Studies at Naropa University in Boulder, Colorado, where she has taught since 1978. She heads the Compassion Training Task Force for the Center for the Advancement of Contemplative Education at Naropa, and serves as one of the compassion trainers. Her books are Dakini’s Warm Breath (Shambhala 2001) and Meditation and the Classroom: Contemplative Pedagogy for Religious Studies (SUNY 2011).
Charlotte Rotterdam, MTS, is the director of Naropa University’s Center for the Advancement of Contemplative Education (CACE). The Center serves as a hub for discourse on contemplative teaching and learning. Charlotte co-developed and teaches Naropa’s Mindful Compassion Training, an 8-week public program, and has been an instructor at Naropa for over ten years. Charlotte received her Masters in Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School, and her essays on the intersection of contemplative practice and daily life have been published in Mandala, Lion’s Roar, and in an anthology: Fearless Nest.
Jordan Quaglia, PhD, is assistant professor of Contemplative Psychology, Director of the Cognitive and Affective Science Lab, and Research Director for the Compassion Initiative in the Center for the Advancement of Contemplative Education at Naropa University. He has helped design a new concentration in Contemplative Neuroscience, and teaches courses such as Psychology and Neuroscience of Emotion, Cognitive Science, and Contemplative Neuroscience.